Saturday 14 July 2012

Interview with northeast girls in Chak De movie in Mumbai, published in North East Sun, Delhi



Interview with northeast girls in Chak De movie in Mumbai, published in North East Sun, Delhi

Chak De North-East

 
 
Chak De India became an instant hit all over India and helped our national game regain some of its lost dignity. The team that sizzled on screen had two girls from our very own NE region too — Masochon V Zimik, a Tangkul Naga from Ukhrul, and Lalhmingkimi Khiangte a Mizo from Aizawl.

Kakoli Thakur
 
Masochon V Zimik and Lalhmingkimi Khiangte share their experiences in Chak De India with North East Sun. Excerpts:

North East Sun: How did the role in Chak De happen?
Masochon V Zimik: Actually, I came to know from a friend that Yash Raj banner was looking for North-East faces for a film on hockey. So, I went to meet them and I got the role.

NES: Are you a hockey player?
MVZ: No, I didn't know even how to hold a hockey stick. Initially, it was tough but later I started enjoying. We had a three-month strict training programme, when we used to practise from morning 5 a.m till 1 p.m. We also used to go for swimming and acting classes.

NES: How was working with Shah Rukh Khan?
MVZ: Everybody asks me this question. It was really great. He is very humble. He helped us by giving acting tips and showing how to face the camera. He is a great human being.

NES: How was the chemistry with the girls? Who was your favourite?
MVZ: It was a wonderful experience. Though we had our share of cat fights, we became friends later and helped each other just like a real hockey team. My favourite among them is Shilpa Shukla.

NES: Your memorable moments during the making of the film.
MVZ: Actually there are many. I still get nostalgic and things come like flashlights in front of my eyes. We had our share of fights, we had great laughs, sometimes the weather was hot and sometimes very cold and we had to run around in short skirts using sunscreen lotion round the clock. We were all together almost around for nine months.
   
NES: Did you have any acting experience? If you get offers, would you like to continue acting?
MVZ: No, I didn't have any acting experience. It was my first encounter. But I enjoyed a lot. I would love to continue if I get offers related to Chak De India or any films related to the North-East.

NES: What are you doing right now?
MVZ:   I am a fashion designer. Since the last three years, I am staying in Mumbai and am looking forward to a good career.

NES: Which state of North-East do you belong?
MVZ: I am a Tangkul Naga from Ukhrul, Manipur.

NES: What do you think of the hockey scenario in the North-East?
MVZ: There are lot talents in North-East. But there are no good organisers. The facilities are very limited, especially for girls.

NES: Do you watch Hindi movies? Who is your favourite actor?
MVZ: Yes, sometimes. My favourite is of course Shah Rukh Khan.

NES: Can you speak Hindi fluently?
MVZ: I am not that fluent but I have learnt a lot from my Chak De India friends.

NES: How was your foreign trip during the making of the film?
MVZ: We went to Sydney and Melbourne. Besides shooting, we did lot of sightseeing and shopping. The cities are very clean and the people are very loving.

NES: What are your hobbies?
MVZ: I love painting, listening music, sketching and travelling.

************************************************************************

Lalhmingkimi Khiangte

North East Sun: What made you accept the role in Chak De India?
Lalhmingkimi Khiangte: I accepted the role for the purpose of development and unity of different players in a team of different states representing as team India.

NES: You are a hockey player. How long have you been in this game?
LK: Yes, it's been eight years since I started engaging myself as a hockey player. Now I am preparing myself to become a successful hockey coach

NES: How was the experience of working with Shah Rukh Khan?
LK: It was a great experience since he is a thorough professional. I found the very deep reality of a real actor. I found things very clear while working with him because he has the ability to show how one should act or express in front of the camera.

NES: How was the chemistry with the girls? Who is your favourite among them?
LK: A ll the girls were so good to me and we always cooperated with each other. I should say all are my good friends but among them Seema (Rani in film), Chitrashi (aka Chautala), Balbir Kaur (aka Tania), Nisha (aka Soymoy) came more close to me. I found them very humble and good.

NES: What are you doing right now?
LK: Well, I am doing my diploma course in sports coaching in hockey at the Netaji Subhash Institute of Sports Patiala, Punjab, as an initial step to realise my aim of becoming a good hockey coach.

NES: Which state of North-East do you belong?
LK: I belong to Aizawl, Mizoram.

NES: If you get offers for acting would you like to continue? Did you have any acting experience?
LK: Of course, I would love to act as I found it very interesting. I never had any experience of acting before Chak De India happened.

NES: What do you think is the hockey scenario in the North-East?
LK: The hockey scenario in the North-East as compared to other states of India, with exception of Manipur, is in a very sorry state. But the spirit is not completely off the field. I would like to inform that two players (Rosalind Ralte and Ruati) from Mizoram are still representing the nation, keeping the flame alive. But let's hope a miracle is going to happen in the near future for the hockey lovers of the North-East.

NES: What are your hobbies?
LK: Besides playing hockey, I love both singing and dancing.  

NES: Do you watch Hindi movies? Who is your favourite actor?
LK: Yes, I do watch Hindi movies sometimes and Shah Rukh Khan is my favourite.

NES: Can you speak Hindi fluently?
LK: I can speak Hindi but yet I am not so fluent.

NES: You memorable moments during the making of Chak De India?
LK: During the final shooting in Australia, I felt as if it was a real match when I took the penalty shot, it was just great. The event which made me happy and the most memorable was the time when we sang the national anthem with the big trophy (unfortunately we were only shooting).

NES: How was your foreign trip during the making of the film?
LK: It was wonderful visiting different places and interacting with different people of the world.


Follow my blog: Mixed Bag 

No comments:

Post a Comment